Hiteks Solutions Inc. is a clinical documentation improvement (CDI) software company based in New York City. We focus on highly accurate Artificial Intelligence (A.I.) sub-second clinical natural language processing (NLP) inside the EHR. Our Insight™ solutions are currently the fastest, most accurate and widely adopted A.I. / NLP solutions to be integrated with EHR systems. Our vision, speed, accuracy, configurability, security, proprietary knowledge bases & support have allowed us to connect with healthcare providers throughout the country. We have over 100 hospitals and large medical practices as clients in over 15 states. Here’s why so many healthcare facilities are choosing Hiteks’ ConcurDI, which powers Epic NoteReader CDI in Epic version 2017:
1. Comprehensive Coding Rules
Instead of having to rely on untimely and incomplete knowledge from back-office staff who perform manual reviews, physicians now have all reimbursement information at their fingertips as soon as they complete their notes. This includes the following up-to-date insurance-specific information, which is based on Hiteks’ experience and proprietary reference knowledge of millions of rules:
- NCCI Edits
- ICD Rules
- PQRS Rules
- MIPS Rules
- Specialty Bundling
- A.I. Insight RecognitionTM
2. The #1 fastest fully integrated Epic EHR solution:
10x faster than any other NoteReader CDI solution currently on the market, Hiteks’ ConcurDI has a 2-second average response time (1 second Hiteks response + 1 second added for network latency). Competitors’ system response times are typically over 10 seconds and support only “silent mode” because they are not accurate enough for real-time, often causing providers to move onto their next patient without responding to the CDI clarification. With our CDI solution, providers will never have that problem.
3. Requires no manual HIM review:
Providers can simply click and the documentation process will be complete. We have tested and continuously improved the knowledge base associated with the algorithms that are finding the evidence in support of a CDI query.
5. Over 90% specific and sensitive, which is more than competitor solutions:
Hiteks’ ConcurDI utilizes Coding Rule Specificity and has built in medical necessity knowledge, which identifies incomplete clinical terms and suggests possible specificity modifiers during documentation. It also identifies areas that lack appropriate justification for a reimbursable diagnosis or procedure. This leads to fewer false positives and false negatives, as well as less alert fatigue and 30-50% fewer pending queries to answer.
6. Employs multiple processing formats:
Hiteks is the only vendor to offer a CDI solution with execution in Synchronous and Asynchronous modes.
– Synchronous: Provides immediate (<2 seconds) response time to physicians who are in the process of completing a note. This enhances claims coding capacity and compliance while reducing time spent on revenue cycle. Synchronous in NoteReader CDI allows providers to significantly reduce the amount of time spent on returning to their patient’s chart to manually review CDI Queries.
– Asynchronous: Provides validation of queries for CDI/HIM/Quality in “Silent Mode” which is especially useful for testing and refining real-time Synchronous logic.
7. Encryption and storage of all data exchange:
This ensures the protection of all patient health information (PHI). Unlike legacy vendors who use Microsoft platforms, Hiteks leverages more secure Linux systems.
8. Intuitive configuration customization without the need for software code adjustment:
Hiteks’ User Customization Menu allows Hiteks users to add their own local terms or abbreviations for their clinical specialization by searching through SNOMED terminology in the Terms section. ConcurDI is deployed as a service API for CDI Designer, which allows client personalization through custom GUI configuration without having to use Epic “Silent Mode”. Hiteks also has a default configuration that can be used out-of-the-box.
9. 100% customer satisfaction guaranteed:
Clients can expect a guaranteed return on investment (ROI), as we use clinical benchmarking, metrics and analytics to constantly improve our clients’ operational and financial performance.